Minicruise around Aeolian islands
The Aeolian islands are a volcanic archipelago in the Tyrrhenian Sea north of Sicily, named after the demigod of the windsAeolus. Because the largest island is Lipari, the islands are sometimes referred to as the Lipari Islands. The other islands include Volcano, Salina, Stromboli, Filicudi, Alicudi, Panarea and Basiluzzo.
Duration: 8 days
Departure: April - October
Price: from 1050,00 eur per person in shared cabin
- accommodation (7 nights) in a cabin
- meals– 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 4 dinners (3 dinners are free), water included
- bed linnen and towels
- everydays cleaning of bathrooms
- costs of transportation for getting to Milazzo
- 3 dinners as per program
- drinks, except water
- guides for the excursions (to be paid on spot)
- entrance tickets in museums
- anything not mentioned under “the price includes”
arrival in Milazzo
Embarkation after 18.00 in Milazzo, allocation of cabins.
Free visit of Milazzo.
19:30 welcome drink and briefing with the commander on the travel and safety rules on the cruise. Dinner on board and overnight.
Milazzo – Vulcano
Breakfast on board and departure for Vulcano island with a stop for a bathe in Gelso or in the pool of Venus and visit the Cave of the Horse. Lunch on board.
In the afternoon optional excursion to the crater of La Fossa, observation of the fumaroles and possible collection of sulfur and volcanic bombs. Free dinner on the island, return on board and overnight.
Vulcano – Stromboli
Breakfast on board and departure in the direction of Panarea. Stop in the small islands of Lisca Bianca and Bottaro islands where you can immerse yourself in the amazing underwater depths of the crater, surrounded by sulfur gas.
Lunch on board and departure for Stromboli. You have 2 possibilities for visiting the vulcano:
1) For those who would be interested in ascending to the crater – you will have a possibility to ascend the vulcano accompanied by the local vulcanologist guide. The climb starts from the tourist guide’s office, follows the coast and then climbs regularly becoming steeper to the top. You can get an extraordinary view from the trails of fire. After observing the show for about an hour you will make your way back to the boat (apprx.3 h).*
* the cost of the vulcanologist guide is not ncluded in the price
2) For the less energetic, there will be a short walk until Sciara del Fuoco to watch the eruptions of the volcano at the hight of 400 m. Return on board.
For all the participants a pic nic dinner will be organized (optional, not included in the package price).
Overnight on board.
Stromboli – Panarea – Salina
Breakfast on board and departure for Panarea – the main island, where you can visit the beautiful old town of St. Peter. Return on board for lunch. After the lunch departure to Salina island. Visit of Lingua and Santa Marina di Salina villages. Return on board for dinner and overnight.
Salina – Filicudi
Breakfast on board and tour of the Salina island with a stop for a bathe in the magnificent Pollara bay. Lunch on board and departure for Filicudi. Observing „La Canna” – a columnar stack large 1800 square meters and 71 meters high which raises from the sea. Visiting a small Pecorini village on the sea. Return on board, dinner and overnight.
Filicudi – Lipari
Breakfast on board and departure for Lipari. Navigation along the east coast of the island and stop at the white sands of the Monte Pilato pumice.
Lunch on board and arrive at the floating dock of Lipari in the afternoon. Free time for dinner in Lipari, return on board and overnight.
Lipari – Milazzo
Breakfast on board and visit of the town of Lipari, the ancient port of Marina Corta, and for those interested, the famous Aeolian Archaeological Museum and Volcanology. Return on board for the lunch.
After the lunch navigation along the famous „Faraglioni” of Lipari. Continue to Milazzo, arrival in Milazzo in the evening. Dinner on board and overnight.